Stocks To Watch:Cairn India, Maruti Suzuki, HCL Infosystems, Lupin
Wednesday, Apr 6 - Morning brief for the stock market:
TOP EVENTS TODAY
* Oct-Dec earnings to be detailed by: Goa Carbon.
* Board Meetings of:
+ Shiv-Vani Oil & Gas to consider raising up to 5 bln rupees via QIP.
+ Vas Infrastructure to consider conversion of warrants into shares.
INDICATORS (previous session)
* NSE provisional net buy/(sale) in bln rupees, Apr 5: FII 7.23, DII (5.29)
* Institutional net buy/(sale) in bln rupees, Apr 4: MF (1.43)
* FII NSE futures net buy/(sale) in bln rupee, Apr 5: index (6.13), shr (5.75)
* Sensex 19,686.82, down 14.91 points; Nifty 5,910.05, up 1.60 points.
* Crude: $108.34/bbl; Rupee: 44.41/$1; Gold: $1,451.30/ounce; 10-yr yld: 7.9758%
GLOBAL STOCK MARKETS
* US share indices ended nearly flat Tuesday as trading volumes were very low due to investors' reluctance to take major positions in the absence of any significant triggers.
* Key Asian indices were mixed today with bank shares being hit the most after People's Bank of China raised interest rates on Tuesday.
* AGRICULTURE: The government is likely to hike wheat procurement in 2011-12 (Apr-Mar) due to record output expected in the current season (Jul-Jun).
* BANKING: Public sector banks like BANK OF BARODA, ALLAHABAD BANK and CORPORATION BANK are looking to offer retail broking services. (FE)
* BEVERAGES: Beer, Liquor prices to rise over 60% in Maharashtra following the hike in excise duty announcement in the state budget. (ToI)
* FERTILIZER: The government may consider setting up a regulator for the fertilizer industry if urea prices are decontrolled. (Mint)
* FINANCIAL SERVICES: RBI has asked NBFCs to comply with know your customer and anti-money laundering guidelines to prevent misuse of deposit accounts.
* PHARMACEUTICALS: National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority has rejected requests by many global companies for raising prices. (ET)
* REAL ESTATE: Thailand-based real estate developer Pruska Global plans to invest $300 mln to develop residential projects in India. (FE)
* SUGAR: The Sugar Directorate may notify the recently announced 500,000 tn open general licence sugar exports within one or two days.
* TEXTILES: Textiles ministry is opposed to the agriculture ministry's proposal to raise cotton exports in the current marketing year ending
September beyond the current cap of 5.5 mln bales.
* TRADE: The bilateral trade between India and Thailand is expected to reach $10 bln by December 2012.
* ABM KNOWLEDGEWARE: Has bagged e-governance contracts worth 633.2 mln rupees.
* ADVANTA INDIA: Plans to raise 2 bln rupees through a rights issue of shares.
* BAJAJ AUTO: Renault-Nissan, the company's partner in developing the small car said that Bajaj Auto has not passed on any information with Renault regarding the new project. (FE)
* BHARTI AIRTEL: In talks with mobile handset makers to launch 3G handsets below 4,500 rupees. (BL)
* CAIRN INDIA: Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs may give its nod to the $9.6 bln Cairn Energy-Vedanta Resources deal today.
* CHEMFAB ALKALIES: Says Jan-Mar net profit 14.9 mln rupees against 24.2 mln yr ago, net sales at 71.8 mln rupees.
* GLAXOSMITHKLINE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE: Is looking to acquire brands to boost growth. (ET)
* HCL INFOSYSTEMS: Company's arm has won a project from a Dubai-based company for technology tools for school education.
* HIRA FERRO ALLOYS: Plans to acquire a 8.5 MW bio-mass power plant on slump sale basis for 1 mln rupees, in addition to its liabilities.
* LUPIN: Has filed a second suit against RANBAXY LABORATORIES to prevent it from launching fenofibrate, a generic version of Lupin's anti-cholestrol drug Antara. (ET)
* MARUTI SUZUKI INDIA: Has raised prices by up to 9,000 rupees from Apr 4 to offset the impact of rising input costs.
* OCTANT INTERACTIVE TECHNOLOGIES: Has bagged export orders worth 30 mln rupees for castor derivatives.
* RELIANCE MEDIAWORKS: Said it will inform NSE if there is any development with regards to its plan to raise funds via stake sale to one or more private equity investors.
* SATYAM COMPUTER SERVICES: Company and PricewaterhouseCoopers have agreed to pay a combined $17.5 mln to Securities and Exchange Commission to settle probe regarding the accounting fraud. (BS)
* SUDARSHAN CHEMICAL INDUSTRIES: Completed the first phase of expansion of its manufacturing plant at Roha spending 1 bln rupees.
* VAKRANGEE SOFTWARES: Promoter NJD Holdings has hiked its stake in the company to 9.49% form 4.88% earlier.
"If someone feels that they had never made a mistake in their LIFE, then it means they had never tried a new thing in their LIFE" - Albert Einstein
Invite friends, colleagues and associates to join the Informed Investor mailing list
STOCKS DISCUSSED ON THIS LIST ARE ONLY FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES AND ARE NOT RECOMMENDED INVESTMENTS. PLEASE DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH OR CONSULT A PROFESSIONAL ADVISER BEFORE INVESTING.
You are subscribed to the "informed investor" mailing list #
Our email id: email@example.com #
Our web address: http://groups.google.com/group/informed-investor?hl=en
To unsubscribe: firstname.lastname@example.org #