Google Search

Monday, November 7, 2011

Re: [Coworking] Regus says they are the world's largest provider of coworking space; and that they invented coworking 20 years ago...

I was about two signatures away from signing a year lease on the
shared empty room at Regus in the little town I was in many moons ago,
but I backed out and found real coworking to be a much better
alternative.

What Regus does is rented offices to unrelated business people which
share a printer and conference room, but otherwise don't chat much.

They did have a room with a long table on the east and west walls
(reminded me of detention back in high school) that they called their
"coworking" space, but when I toured the space multiple times, the
room was 100% empty, and it still required a multi-month commitment
from me and my business, which I wasn't interested in doing.

That's just my experience with Regus in one town, but I wouldn't call
them co-working at all.


::Mark

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 9:55 AM, Ky Ekinci (Office Divvy ™)
<askpalmcoast@gmail.com> wrote:
> I chuckled when I read this press release by Regus today.
>
> http://www.marketwatch.com/story/coworking-revolution-regus-cites-rising-demand-for-shared-office-space-among-mobile-workers-start-ups-and-freelancers-for-us-expansion-2011-11-07
>
> Obviously they realize that their existing business model will not
> sustain, and is now passé.  It is concerning though that they claim
> overnight that they are not only a coworking space provider but also a
> pioneers in the movement.
>
> Thoughts?
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Coworking" group.
> To post to this group, send email to coworking@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to coworking+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/coworking?hl=en.
>
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Coworking" group.
To post to this group, send email to coworking@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to coworking+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/coworking?hl=en.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails