Google Search

Thursday, November 17, 2011

RE: NailTech:: Re: Shellac Brainwashed

Wow, what happened to the cost of doing business?   If I work in an office, am I expected to pay ‘service charges’ for the phone that I answer, the computer, the printer paper, the copier and the fax machine?  I can’t do my job without these things, just like a salon employee can’t do their job without the necessary products. 

 

Laura

 

From: nailtech@googlegroups.com [mailto:nailtech@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Nicole Cormier
Sent: November-17-11 10:30 AM
To: nailtech@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: NailTech:: Re: Shellac Brainwashed

 

Back bar fees are common in this province. I agree that it is not fabulous. In essence, the employees pay for the products o er the long term, not the employer, but it is the owner that gets the tax credit and reaps all the profits. This is why I buy my own product, even if I am paid a wage or salary. The owner here at work put eyebrow waxing on special once, and after the back bar was added into the deductions from the commission payouts, staff got a whole dollar for their work. It takes more than a minute to do good brows, so needless to say this special did not get pushed at work.

Nicole

On 2011-11-17 10:12 AM, "Jill in Ky" <jnails1@hotmail.com> wrote:

I'm appalled that salons can charge the employee a 'usage fee' for
products they want them to use on clients. Where is this common
practice because I've never encountered that wherever I've lived?

Jill Wright
Bowling Green, KY

On Nov 17, 6:02 am, Patricia Arsenault <ta200...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I work at a salon that uses Shellac but I get charged a product charge everytime I use it.  Honestly, I don't find it my favorite gel polish so I usually will try and use Gelish or Geleration on them that I bring in.    No product charge for me and better colors and wearability for the client.  This is only my opinion mind you.
>     I have been finding that the general public is BRAINWASHED into thinking that Shellac is the only and best thing for them to use.  I don't know a simple solution to this problem but there has to be one.  Anyone that can shed some light please let me know.
> Trish

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to nailtech@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to nailtech+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to nailtech@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to nailtech+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails