Asian stocks are trading down with losses ranging between 0.30 to 1% as US markets closed down with losses ranging less than a percent. Credit-default swaps rose after a surge in Italian borrowing costs intensified concern that Europe’s debt crisis will worsen. SGX Nifty is trading down 22 points at 5127.
* Tata Motors Ltd., the maker of the world’s cheapest car Nano, posted a 15 percent drop in profit as raw material costs surged and because of currency losses.
* Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd., India’s biggest power-equipment maker, posted a 24 percent increase in second-quarter profit, beating analysts’ estimates, amid an increase in orders.
* Tata Power Co., the developer of India’s first 4,000-megawatt plant, swung to a net loss of 12.19 billion rupees in the third quarter of this year.
* State-owned Air India Ltd. has asked for 65 billion rupees ($1.3 billion) in federal aid and won an agreement with lenders to cut annual interest payments by 13 billion rupees, according to three people familiar with the talks. Kingfisher Airlines Ltd. is seeking government help for a debt-revamp, Aviation Minister Vayalar Ravi said in New Delhi on Nov. 11. Jet Airways (India)Ltd., the biggest carrier, said it is looking to convert rupee
loans into cheaper dollar debt.
* Barclays Plc and Enam Securities Pvt. are among the four banks likely to manage the initial sale of India’s state-owned fighter jet maker Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd., said three people with knowledge of the matter.
* Wind-turbine makers have seen profit margins wiped out, and the potential end of tax credits in the U.S. will see its “boom-and-bust” market persist, Suzlon Energy Ltd. Chairman Tulsi Tanti said.
* Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard will seek to overturn a ban on uranium shipments to India in a bid to strengthen ties with the nation and boost Australia’s resource-driven economy.
* Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas President Richard Fisher said the U.S. economy is “poised for growth” going into next year and
that he sees a declining likelihood the central bank will need to ease further.
* Pantaloon Retail India Ltd.
* Tech Mahindra Ltd.
* Tata Power Co.
* Tech Mahindra Ltd. Est. 1.8 billion rupees. (24 analysts)
* 9 a.m. Mumbai. Financial Times - Yes Bank International Banking Summit. Kaushik Basu, chief economic advisor, Subir Gokaran, deputy governor, RBI, and leading bankers to attend.
* 9 a.m. New Delhi. Nielsen Consumer 360 Conference. Speakers include Thomas Varghese, CEO, Aditya Birla Nuvo Retail, Bijou Kurien, president & CEO, Reliance Lifestyle Retail, Tarun Arora, EVP, Marketing, Godrej Consumer, Saugata Gupta, CEO, consumer products, Marico, Vikram Khosla, head of sales, foods, ITC.
* 9:15 a.m. New Delhi. Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, U K Sinha, SEBI Chairman, Thomas Mathew, joint secretary capital markets, R. Gopalan, secretary, department of economic affairs to address a convention on vibrant financial markets hosted by the Association of National Exchange Members of India.
* 9:30 a.m. New Delhi. Release of National Innovation Council report card. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to release the report.
* 10 a.m. Mumbai. Euro Finance Annual Conference. Speakers include: Jitendra Jain, CFO, GMR group, Krishnakumar Dharmaraj, Standard Chartered Bank, Raghava Rao, general manager, Mergers and Acquisitions, Hindustan Unilever Ltd.
* 12 p.m. Mumbai. Kingfisher Airlines Ltd. press conference on 2Q results.
* 12 p.m. New Delhi. Steel minister Beni Prasad Verma to hold a media interaction.
* 4 p.m. New Delhi. Conference on cyber security and business. Kapil Sibal, minister for telecommunications, to address the media.
Team Microsec Research
Microsec Capital Limited
Tel: 91 33 30512100
Fax: 91 33 30512020
Note: If you do not wish to receive mails, please send an email with subject “Unsubscribe” to email@example.com
"Any document which is prepared by the research team of Microsec Capital Ltd is circulated for purely information purpose only to the authorized recipient and should not be replicated or quoted or circulated to any person/corporate or legal entities in any form. This document/documents/reports/opinion should not be interpreted as an Investment / taxation/ legal advice. While the information contained in the report has been procured in good faith, from sources considered to be reliable, all statement/ statements/ opinion/ opinions/ view/ views in the report should not be considered to be complete or accurate. Therefore, it should only be relied upon at the recipients of this mail’s own risk.
Research/Equity analysts/ Economists/Editors/advisors of Microsec Capital Ltd are often sought after for expressing their views on print/electronic media. The views expressed are purely based on their assumption on fundamental approach/technical and historic facts. The views expressed should not be construed as an offer to buy/sell or hold equity or their derivatives. The views/opinions expressed is for information purpose only, and may be subject to change due to change in equity/commodity or other market conditions
Neither Microsec Capital Ltd or subsidiaries of Microsec Group nor its directors, employees, agents, representatives shall be liable for any damages whether direct or indirect, incidental, special or consequential including lost revenue or lost profits that may arise from or in connection with the use of the information/research reports/opinions expressed.
Clients/associates of Microsec Group may be holding positions in equities or their derivates on which the research report is made or opinion is formed or views are expressed in print or electronic media. We ensure all compliance is adhered to with this mail/reports/opinion or views.”