Google Search

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Re: [Coworking] Making "hotdesks" work for software developers

I would argue in favor of picking a simple system and sticking with it.  Optimize for the 80%, let the other 20% adapt.  You could support the wannabe-full timers by providing lockers or something where they could store equipment (laptop), etc.

I don't really buy the "I need my desktop machine" argument... Especially for software developers, laptops are just as capable as desktop machines.  

I think its important to mix the communities, certainly.. Maybe offer a discount to full-timers for use of the hotdesks, but don't turn hotdesks into full-time if you have any major concerns about it.  Its important for coworking spaces to serve their members, but your members are some of the most resourceful people in the world - They can adapt too.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Coworking" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit
To post to this group, send email to
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails