Google Search

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

RE: NailTech:: Re: Appointment Stretching

Just wanted to let everyone know I did this today with my worst offender and it worked beautifully J  I gave her 2 options only,  and told her going forward she would be looking at very limited availability to reschedule her appointments.    She apologized for being an inconvenience and will no doubt handle her crap differently in the future. 

 

I love this list !

 

Laura

 

From: nailtech@googlegroups.com [mailto:nailtech@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Karen
Sent: October-31-11 11:04 AM
To: nailtech@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: NailTech:: Re: Appointment Stretching

 

I agree...it's the attitude!  You weren't ready yet...and now you are!
 

Karen Hodges

 

 


From: Arpi Sekeryan <arpi31@gmail.com>
To: "nailtech@googlegroups.com" <nailtech@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sun, October 30, 2011 7:48:56 PM
Subject: Re: NailTech:: Re: Appointment Stretching

Pati,

You'll be busy in no time!

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 30, 2011, at 7:41 PM, Pati Schembari <nailgal2@aol.com> wrote:

> I guess I need that backbone too. 
> I have always said that when clients know/think you are busy they clamor to make all their appointments and their friends want you too... For some reason, well because I was sick and was slowly rebuilding both my body and my business ..I have not acquired that "busy" attitude again.... BUT I know that I need to (me..myself) in order to be successful again. I have a wonderful salon, I do great nails, I am clean, I am not overpriced, nor am I as cheap as the Asian salons ( not saying that as a slur, but I seriously I do not know if they are nss salons, however I do know they are Asian/oriental, cheap and clients do not need appointments) .... I just need to get more clients. So for the time being I don't want to be a nail nazi...I have always killed them with kindness, and wowed them with my nails, and that has usually worked! People don't know I am here...many don't know that I have moved back from Florida... My kids are grown, so I am not involved in the PTA or scouts... I know I should probably get involved with the rotary or some adult groups...I just haven't yet. Maybe I should go to a local weight watchers group just so I can meet potential clients! A perk would be the weight loss!! LOL! I don't belong to a gym either...I have to start being more visible in town.  I have a feeling this year will pick up...I personally think many of my old acquaintances and/ or clients shyed away from returning to me because they knew how sick I had been...for whatever their reasoning was.  But..I am better now and look more like myself these days so I think THIS will be the year for growth. I am going to start advertising locally, even hanging flyers and putting business cards in local stores...
> I always try to remember what it felt like when I was a client getting my nails done...and that is how I treat my clients.  I LOVED not getting charged for repairs...I loved a few wisps or quick nail art that my tech would give me gratis...I loved that she was good at what she did..and I showed her my appreciation in being her client and tipping her nicely. I KNOW that sometimes there is a sick grandchild, flat tire etc... And while I can.. I will accommodate them...when I can't ...well we will cross that bridge when we get to it.
> Ok sorry for the ranting...I have been in the house all day cooking for everyone that is staying here cause they lost power because of this freakish blizzard we had yesterday!!! (10 inches of snow and a 1/2 million trees that came down)
> Thanks for all the suggestions!
>
>
> Pati
>
> On Oct 30, 2011, at 11:04 AM, "Laura Merzetti" <laura@scratchmyback.ca> wrote:
>
>> Jill this is a great strategy, thanks for the great response.  I think what
>> I'm getting is I need to grow a backbone :)
>>
>> Laura
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: nailtech@googlegroups.com [mailto:nailtech@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
>> Of Jill in Ky
>> Sent: October-30-11 2:15 AM
>> To: NailTech
>> Subject: Re: NailTech:: Re: Appointment Stretching
>>
>> Years ago before the recession I did price my fills $10 higher for a 4- week
>> fill. I only have 1 client that stretches it that long, so I really didn't
>> see the need for it once the economy went bad. I don't have time in my
>> schedule anymore to regularly book 3-week fills, so everyone has to be on a
>> 2 week standing appt. or they risk not being able to get in for another
>> month or so.
>>
>> But I am pretty strict with my cancellation policy & clients know I will
>> fire them if they abuse it. Earlier this year 1 client had steadily become a
>> problem.....constantly running late & forgetting her standing 2 week appt.
>> The last straw was about a month ago when she forgot her appt. even though I
>> gave her a reminder call the night before. She was the only 2 week standing
>> appt. that I did this for & it's not like she was old & feeble.
>>
>> So when she doesn't show up on time, I decide to not call her. I'm outside
>> decorating the salon for Halloween when she pulls up 40 MINUTES LATE! She
>> asks me "well, can't you do a little something to them?" as she wiggles her
>> fingers in the air. I told her no, that I'd texted my next client to come in
>> early, so we didn't have time. Plus I let her know how the client before her
>> had wanted a pedicure, but couldn't get one because yesterday SHE had
>> confirmed SHE was coming for her nail appt. So I told her that I lost that
>> income for the hour, plus the pedicure income I could've had, plus my other
>> client had to do her own toenails.
>>
>> In all fairness I did not fire her. She fired herself. I gave her the choice
>> of paying me the $30 she owed me for her missed manicure appt.
>> or I could take her off my books. She chose to get off my books. So for a
>> measly $30 she has blown the chance of me EVER taking her back as a client.
>> And that's the way it goes when you have a business to run....I didn't lose
>> sleep over it or feel bad for her at all. I filled her every 2 week appt. at
>> 4pm with a friend of hers that very week!
>>
>> Jill Wright
>> Bowling Green, KY.
>>
>> On Oct 29, 10:37 am, Angie <angiesnailstu...@att.net> wrote:
>>> What about setting your price for a 3 to 4  week fill and giving a few
>> dollars discount for 2 weeks. Maybe that would be less confusing. I am
>> struggleing with this also. Maybe the answer would be a strickter
>> cancelation policy.
>>>
>>> Jess in WA <luvna...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>> I used to do this years ago.  I ended up having clients come in 1 day
>>>> short of the 3 week or 4 week mark so they would not have to pay
>>>> more.  It became annoying because they couldn't keep a standing ever
>>>> and would get frustrated when their day before the 3 week went away,
>>>> I would suggest doing a 2 week price, then a 2.5+week price for $5
>>>> more and leave it at that.  I don't do it anymore because I price now
>>>> based on 3-4 weeks and if they want to come in more often thats up to
>>>> them, but I have very few who come in at 2 weeks because their nails
>>>> look too good.  Repairs aren't typically a problem except for a few
>>>> and God knows what they do to their nails!!
>>>
>>>> -Jess
>>>
>>>> On Oct 29, 9:45 am, "Laura Merzetti" <la...@scratchmyback.ca> wrote:
>>>>> Hey gang,
>>>
>>>>> I'm thinking of changing my rebalance pricing to reflect the longer
>>>>> intervals my clients are starting to go in between appointments. 
>>>>> I'm thinking a 2-week, 3-week and 4-week charge.  Right now I only
>>>>> have one price.
>>>
>>>>> My clients currently go between 3-4 weeks successfully.  I'm
>>>>> beginning to see a trend the past few months where they are now
>>>>> calling or messaging me to push out their appointment by another
>>>>> week or so.  When they do finally come in, they have breaks ("that
>>>>> just happened yesterday!")  or lifting, the nails are unbalanced
>>>>> and just look ugly.  Not to mention,  I'm seeing the impact of less
>>>>> revenue.  I include 2 free nail repairs at each appointment; magically
>> they never seem to have more than that.
>>>
>>>>> For those of you who do this successfully, how has it changed your
>> business?
>>>>> I would like to hear any pros and cons, especially how to
>>>>> positively spin it for clients.  Should I just not shorten the
>>>>> nails so much at each appointment ? :P
>>>
>>>>> Thanks a bunch.
>>>
>>>>> Laura M.
>>>
>>>> --
>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "NailTech" group.
>>>> To post to this group, send email to nailtech@googlegroups.com.
>>>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> nailtech+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
>>>> For more options, visit this group
>> athttp://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "NailTech" group.
>> To post to this group, send email to nailtech@googlegroups.com.
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> nailtech+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.
>>
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NailTech" group.
>> To post to this group, send email to nailtech@googlegroups.com.
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to nailtech+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
>> For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.
>>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NailTech" group.
> To post to this group, send email to nailtech@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to nailtech+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to nailtech@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to nailtech+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to nailtech@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to nailtech+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails