Google Search

Monday, October 31, 2011

RE: NailTech:: Appointment Stretching

Thanks Jill - that is just exactly what I need to be saying to these people
:)

Laura

-----Original Message-----
From: nailtech@googlegroups.com [mailto:nailtech@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Jill in Ky
Sent: October-30-11 10:56 PM
To: NailTech
Subject: Re: NailTech:: Appointment Stretching

Becky really drove the point home well! That's the kind of busy we all need
to be and she is awesome for enforcing her boundaries. Notice how she was
willing to go without filling an appt. (i.e. making any money) to drive the
point home? You've GOT to train the clients right at the beginning,
otherwise you make your life harder than it needs to be.

My clients, too, run the risk of not getting back in for a month should they
need to cancel. I let them know I can put them on my waiting list and call
them IF someone else cancels. Usually just hearing that, the client will
decide to "work out her situation" so she can make her nail appt. That
usually involves them rescheduling a hair appt., lunch with a girlfriend,
bridge club, or even a doctors appt.!

So the next time any of your clients call to stretch their appts. till next
week, you can firm up that backbone and tell them "Gee, I wish I could help
you out, but I don't have anything open next week. Would you like for me to
cancel your appt. and put you on the waiting list IF someone happens to
cancel"?

It will go 1 of 2 ways:

1) client will say "no, keep me on my schedule".
2) client will say "yes, cancel me and put me on the waiting list".

Don't freak out. She was going to cancel and move her appt. anyway as usual.
Then here's how the waiting list goes.......in 3 days call her and tell her
"I just had a cancellation at _____________ (fill in the blank with whatever
time is convenient for you, the nail tech). Would you like for me to put you
down then?"

It will go 1 of 2 ways:

1) she'll say "yes, thank you for calling me".
2) she'll say "no, that time won't work for me".

At this point you ask her what times/days WILL work and be sure to write
those down. Give it another day or 2 and then call her with the good news
that an opening just came available on the day/time that would work for her.
The busier you APPEAR to be, the more clients will clamor to get in. I
learned this in a business class back in the 90's at the Vegas show and
although I don't remember which company taught it, it's called "fake it till
you make it". The clients don't need to ever see your appt. book to know
that you're not as busy as you seem.
It's not lying, it's a business strategy that hurts no one.

NEVER EVER say to a client or someone who calls on the phone "Sure, I can
get you in any time; just pick a day" because that tells the clients that
you must not be in high demand for some reason. I always give them 2 options
(even if there are 15 appt. times open) by saying:
"You can have the 5pm on Tuesday or the only other thing I have that week is
the 11am on Friday". 2 choices give your client options without making them
think too hard. And by saying "the only other thing" tells them that these
openings are very limited, so they MUST take 1 now!

And be sure to group your appts. either from the start of your day (say at
10am) and booking up or from the end of your day (say 6pm) and booking down.
This prevents you from having a 6 hour gap between appts. when you only have
1 in the morning and 1 in the evening. Hope this helps give everyone a
busier book:)

Jill Wright
Bowling Green, KY

On Oct 30, 7:33 am, "Laura Merzetti" <la...@scratchmyback.ca> wrote:
> Hey Pati!  That's exactly what my clients have been doing.  They all
> rebook, but a few days before their scheduled appointment, they
> contact me to push it out!!!!
>
> Did you read Becky's response?  It was awesome.
>
> Good luck J
>
> Laura
>
> From: nailtech@googlegroups.com [mailto:nailtech@googlegroups.com] On
> Behalf Of Pati
> Sent: October-29-11 9:32 PM
> To: nailtech@googlegroups.com
> Subject: Re: NailTech:: Appointment Stretching
>
> I so can relate Laura!  A lot of my clients seem to stretch their
> appointments out for 3,4 sometimes even 5 weeks! It drives me crazy! I
> used to have all  (well....most) of my clients on standing
> appointments and now they usually make an appointment before leaving
> but often will call or text me to make it the next week.  I would love to
hear the answers to your post!
>
> Pati Schembari
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Laura Merzetti <la...@scratchmyback.ca>
> To: nailtech <nailtech@googlegroups.com>
> Sent: Sat, Oct 29, 2011 5:56 am
> Subject: NailTech:: Appointment Stretching
>
> Hey gang,
>
> I'm thinking of changing my rebalance pricing to reflect the longer
> intervals my clients are starting to go in between appointments.   I'm
> thinking a 2-week, 3-week and 4-week charge.  Right now I only have
> one price.
>
> My clients currently go between 3-4 weeks successfully.  I'm beginning
> to see a trend the past few months where they are now calling or
> messaging me to push out their appointment by another week or so.  
> When they do finally come in, they have breaks ("that just happened
> yesterday!")  or lifting, the nails are unbalanced and just look ugly.  
> Not to mention,  I'm seeing the impact of less revenue.   I include 2
> free nail repairs at each appointment; magically they never seem to have
more than that.
>
> For those of you who do this successfully, how has it changed your
business?
> I would like to hear any pros and cons, especially how to positively
> spin it for clients.   Should I just not shorten the nails so much at
> each appointment ? :P
>
> Thanks a bunch.
>
> Laura M.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "NailTech" group.
> To post to this group, send email to  
> <mailto:nailtech@googlegroups.com>
> nailtech@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> <mailto:nailtech+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com>
> nailtech+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at
>
<http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en>http://groups.google.com/grou
p/nailtech?hl=en
.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "NailTech" group.
> To post to this group, send email to nailtech@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> nailtech+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group
athttp://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to nailtech@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
nailtech+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to nailtech@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to nailtech+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails