Google Search

Sunday, October 30, 2011

RE: NailTech:: Re: Appointment Stretching

Jill this is a great strategy, thanks for the great response. I think what
I'm getting is I need to grow a backbone :)

Laura


-----Original Message-----
From: nailtech@googlegroups.com [mailto:nailtech@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Jill in Ky
Sent: October-30-11 2:15 AM
To: NailTech
Subject: Re: NailTech:: Re: Appointment Stretching

Years ago before the recession I did price my fills $10 higher for a 4- week
fill. I only have 1 client that stretches it that long, so I really didn't
see the need for it once the economy went bad. I don't have time in my
schedule anymore to regularly book 3-week fills, so everyone has to be on a
2 week standing appt. or they risk not being able to get in for another
month or so.

But I am pretty strict with my cancellation policy & clients know I will
fire them if they abuse it. Earlier this year 1 client had steadily become a
problem.....constantly running late & forgetting her standing 2 week appt.
The last straw was about a month ago when she forgot her appt. even though I
gave her a reminder call the night before. She was the only 2 week standing
appt. that I did this for & it's not like she was old & feeble.

So when she doesn't show up on time, I decide to not call her. I'm outside
decorating the salon for Halloween when she pulls up 40 MINUTES LATE! She
asks me "well, can't you do a little something to them?" as she wiggles her
fingers in the air. I told her no, that I'd texted my next client to come in
early, so we didn't have time. Plus I let her know how the client before her
had wanted a pedicure, but couldn't get one because yesterday SHE had
confirmed SHE was coming for her nail appt. So I told her that I lost that
income for the hour, plus the pedicure income I could've had, plus my other
client had to do her own toenails.

In all fairness I did not fire her. She fired herself. I gave her the choice
of paying me the $30 she owed me for her missed manicure appt.
or I could take her off my books. She chose to get off my books. So for a
measly $30 she has blown the chance of me EVER taking her back as a client.
And that's the way it goes when you have a business to run....I didn't lose
sleep over it or feel bad for her at all. I filled her every 2 week appt. at
4pm with a friend of hers that very week!

Jill Wright
Bowling Green, KY.

On Oct 29, 10:37 am, Angie <angiesnailstu...@att.net> wrote:
> What about setting your price for a 3 to 4  week fill and giving a few
dollars discount for 2 weeks. Maybe that would be less confusing. I am
struggleing with this also. Maybe the answer would be a strickter
cancelation policy.
>
> Jess in WA <luvna...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> >I used to do this years ago.  I ended up having clients come in 1 day
> >short of the 3 week or 4 week mark so they would not have to pay
> >more.  It became annoying because they couldn't keep a standing ever
> >and would get frustrated when their day before the 3 week went away,
> >I would suggest doing a 2 week price, then a 2.5+week price for $5
> >more and leave it at that.  I don't do it anymore because I price now
> >based on 3-4 weeks and if they want to come in more often thats up to
> >them, but I have very few who come in at 2 weeks because their nails
> >look too good.  Repairs aren't typically a problem except for a few
> >and God knows what they do to their nails!!
>
> >-Jess
>
> >On Oct 29, 9:45 am, "Laura Merzetti" <la...@scratchmyback.ca> wrote:
> >> Hey gang,
>
> >> I'm thinking of changing my rebalance pricing to reflect the longer
> >> intervals my clients are starting to go in between appointments.  
> >> I'm thinking a 2-week, 3-week and 4-week charge.  Right now I only
> >> have one price.
>
> >> My clients currently go between 3-4 weeks successfully.  I'm
> >> beginning to see a trend the past few months where they are now
> >> calling or messaging me to push out their appointment by another
> >> week or so.  When they do finally come in, they have breaks ("that
> >> just happened yesterday!")  or lifting, the nails are unbalanced
> >> and just look ugly.  Not to mention,  I'm seeing the impact of less
> >> revenue.   I include 2 free nail repairs at each appointment; magically
they never seem to have more than that.
>
> >> For those of you who do this successfully, how has it changed your
business?
> >> I would like to hear any pros and cons, especially how to
> >> positively spin it for clients.   Should I just not shorten the
> >> nails so much at each appointment ? :P
>
> >> Thanks a bunch.
>
> >> Laura M.
>
> >--
> >You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"NailTech" group.
> >To post to this group, send email to nailtech@googlegroups.com.
> >To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
nailtech+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> >For more options, visit this group
athttp://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to nailtech@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
nailtech+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to nailtech@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to nailtech+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails